Ha sanyone every used TEP's 5 speed trans. brace, I know tha

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

02xmem.jpg

Honestly... gotta like rob t's @2002haus kit much better... bolts into the stock spot without the x brace.. and is beefy enough... comes powdercoated and really makes a 5spd a "bolt in" exercise... no drilling holes or rails or crossbraces... tell you the truth... that piece looks like an amature welded it.. and then spray bombed it.. and yes.. TEP's technical support sux... they're order taking works fine... but know what you want before you order and don't ask questions... (yeah I know it's dumb, hey when tep tells me "why don't just put the real mechanic on the phone and then we'll explain it to him" then I'll take all the cheap shots at them I can)

Guest Anonymous

I would like to see how it looks as I need one to convert to a CR 5 speed. CAn anyone post a proper link or email me the picture.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Anonymous

you have access to a decent vice and some way to cut 1/8" plate (I used a die grinder with a cut off wheel & a hack saw). My project '70 has a 5 speed installed using one I made and it works great - I kept the patterns used to cut and bend the bracket if you want to tackle the project yourself.

Guest Anonymous

not had the problems with TEP that everyone seems to complain about. The brace works good and and makes installation easier, yeah, you can make one. If your trying to do a 5 speed conversion in a day, it is the quick way to go.