• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will 15x8 Enkei 92 et25 work without flares?

LarryS

Someone across town has 15x8 Enkei 92 et25 mounted on 195/50/15 tires for sale. I found a thread here from 2010 with the same wheels but +0 offset and said the tires or wheels rubbed against the wheel well or something ( I cant find the thread now)

Anyways, I'm wondering if this will work on my 72 without flares. I am not opposed to rolling the fenders.

My car has been lowered some by the PO. Attached is a pic of the way it sits now on 185/70/13's

post-21361-13667668724509_thumb.jpg

72 Tii

Hey Larry,

I have 15x8 et 25 with a 215/45/15 on the back of my 72 but it required some serious fender rolling to get it to fit. One thing though is that I'm on coil overs and very very low. On the front the 15x8 et 25 hit the strut tube so i went with a 15x7 instead. If the price is good enough you could try and find two 15x7 for the front and run a staggered setup.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry guys but a 195 on an 8 inch is fine if you you dont mind the stretch. I have 2 cars with 195's ET15 on an 8, works great for me!

except that 8in is outside the tire manufacturers range of acceptable wheel sizes for that size tire. "stretch" is a "look" that is not necessarily correct/safe/whatever.

2xM3

• 8 months later...

Hey was wondering what ever happened with this. I happen to have a set of 15x8 Enkei 92 et25 sitting in the shop waiting to go on.

**I have turbo fender flares so if there is any poke outward that's all fine in that regard. 

They do contact the strut on the inside of course so I'm having to wait to purchase spacers. What is the final say on what size spacers I need with this setup and where to buy them?

I heard someone somewhere say 10mm was fine on this same setup, but when I look on Ireland Engineering they decided that making spacers in standard sizes rather than metric was somehow a good idea for our BMWs. 

Anyway, that bit was just weird to me-- had to point it out.    The largest they offer is 3/8'' thick which is like 9.5mm. Now that's close to 10 but I also know things are going to be really tight in there and I remember doubting if even 10mm would be enough to clear things. So I wouldn't want to order these and then find out that sure enough the guy who had real 10mm spacers from somewhere else could run things fine but mine are hitting with 3/8'' .. or something like that..

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Edited by crochetg