Koblenz

Accelerator pedal travel question.

13 posts / 1777 viewsLast Reply

With the pedal removed the arm will travel to the floor. The cars performance is sorta ok. I have no other 02 to compare it to.

With the accelerator pedal on the performace is really sad!

How is the pedal adjusted? Where is the spring (in the throttle linkage, engine bay side) secured to?

And why does the stock pedal have the protrusion on the backside.

Guest Anonymous

Return spring and pedal adjust are under car outside pedal box.

Return spring and pedal adjust are under car outside pedal box.

What are the adjustment specs? I have looked but not found any, yet. With the pedal attached the "protusion bottoms out and I struggle to gain speed. It almost seems as if my accelerator arm needs to have more travel range.

Thanks for the direction. I am wondering if this may be the reason my car is slow.

If you do not have the set up The Admiral has in the photo above, I would assume the carb linkage adjust with the same principle as the tiiis.

Grab a helper to be in the car

Loosen the pinch bolt that holds the throttle "bar to the "lever". Be careful that spring stays in place.

Depress the pedal to full throttle and with carb at full throttle using the lever, tighten the pinch bolt.

May take a few tries to get it but that should be the principle

Or put a brick on the gas pedal to hold it open, and carry on with above steps under the hood. Idea is get throttle wide open when pedal is on floor.

Or put a brick on the gas pedal to hold it open, and carry on with above steps under the hood. Idea is get throttle wide open when pedal is on floor.

Good idea!

"leg" on the back side of pedal as in your photo, but all the carbureted cars do, so if your car is a tii or an automatic, you have the wrong pedal.

The leg is a stop, to prevent the accelerator from traveling too far for the carbureted linkage to work properly. As was pointed out, when the pedal is pressed as far as it will go (to the stop), your carb throat(s) should be vertical. If not, adjust the linkage until they are.

mike

Off-topic, but your cable bracket - is something like that commercially available? It looks heaps better than what I have currently...

make sure spring is attached and adjust angle of lever with bolt.
2012-03-10_13-04-57_230.jpg

i made the purple and upper silver brackets.  it is just bent metal and a couple small welds.  only took a few minutes. simple stuff.