• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Northrop Thread

kbmb02

I'm starting this thread to document the dealings and purchasing experiences FAQ members have had with Bob Northrop. I'll add details of my own info and documentation shortly, any/all others welcome to post.

For now, I'll summarize: Bob has not delivered as promised, a repeatable trait I discovered with searches here on the FAQ (after the fact - 'my bad'). His communication is rare, absent of details, and full of promises which are subsequently broken. While Bob has offered a 'family challenge' (with minor details) as a reason for delays, I've become suspect of his intentions and his word. A quick look at Bob's Facebook page (search Bob Northrop, Saco Maine) shows him buying a car, playing in junkyards, enjoying life… all during the time he was making excuses for delays. Seem right to you folks?

More later. -KB

Bob has over 300 dollars of OE seals of mine in his possession and has had for well over a year. Constant requests via email to send them back go unanswered. Ive even offered to pay shipping back. Ive given up. What a sad end to what I thought was a friendship

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Bob has over 300 dollars of OE seals of mine in his possession and has had for well over a year. Constant requests via email to send them back go unanswered. Ive even offered to pay shipping back. Ive given up. What a sad end to what I thought was a friendship

That's a bummer, Steve - especially with you being a respected vendor/member of the FAQ. -KB

I only got burned for $30 or so from Bob. I posted something on the FAQ after a year of trying to get in touch with him and i got a handful of people who know him personally who were sticking up for him... and a handful of people who emailed me privately who said he owed them parts, money or both... and large amounts too!

After those emails, I asked the administrator to take down his sticky 'for sale' posting.

It all seems odd and doesn't quite add up.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

I'm not surprised the 'love-for-Bob' feeling is fading; I'd think a sensible person who would support him would first see to it that Bob has reimbursed / delivered to everyone in the FAQ community that he owes. For the record, the items Bob Northrop collected money for were euro front turn signals. Maybe others.

Perhaps the only way to conduct business with Bob is in person (which is how I plan to 'complete' my transaction with him this Spring). -KB

i have always supported Bob and even defended him in the past but my limits have been reached and patience spent

as far as friendships developed on the internet go, i'd say Bob and i were friends but friendships, regardless of where or how they are made should not be abused...

several years ago, Bob agreed to make me a pair of clear o2 turns...he also asked for and agreed to make clear lens for the e21...i sent him money for lenses, a pair of o2 lenses to use in the process as well as a pair of e21 front frames and lenses that i removed from my driver, e21...i've since, bought replacement lens so i can drive the car

i've never badgered him, have been more than patient but i've reached the conclusion that Bob is not going to communicate with me or follow through on his promises and never return the parts and $'s that he's collected from us

sorry Bob...

I guess what confuses me is how somebody could be a great asset to the 2002 community by providing some cool products and services and then go completely cold and rip a bunch of people off.

It seemed like he had a good thing going. Why the flaming wreckage of burned bridges?

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

• 10 months later...

i just read a post by ArdenK in the for sale forum giving feedback on Bryce, the parts salesman in Denver...he mentions Bob Northrop which reminded me...who did he make things right with after this and maybe another thread which talked about his deception & shenanigans...i emailed him after this thread, trying to appeal to a sense of honesty and got a response for the 1st time that he would make my deal with him right...well...

i've never heard from him again, i never got my parts back....never got back the money i sent him to cover his work on my parts

With the last Bob Northrop thread, I posted the link to his Facebook page, June 12th 2012.

This was his response: I appreciate your "concern" over this issue, but would appreciate it if you would NOT use FB to display your personal interest in my business. I'm well aware of all of this. People who've never sent me parts are joining in the bashing. If you MUST know, my wife has been battling a life-threatening health issue for months, which has taken a toll on us emotionally, financially and countless other ways. Nobody will be "stiffed", so you can put your heart at ease.

My response: Bob, I'm sorry for your hardship and emotional rollercoaster. Passed it along because I do not like seeing one my friends bashed on a forum. How you handle it is 100% up to you. I wish you well.

I have no parts with him have never sent him money. I have not communicated with him since and won't again.

Edited by adawil2002

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I considered trying to send Bob a note via FB, but haven't bothered.  He has cores I sent him, and told me two years ago had the parts he was working on for me finished, but hasn't been able to get them in the mail to me.

I understood he had rounded the corner on the personal issues, but...

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif