Sign in to follow this  
fast2002

How do you remove the door glass?

5 posts / 1995 viewsLast Reply

Hi Steve,

1. Remove the outside window aluminum trim.

2. Roll the window down to the bottom half of the door.

3. Remove the two M8 bolts and screw that hold the window bracket to the rail of the vent window frame.

4. Remove the two M8 bolts that hold the window bracket to the door rail/slider.

5. Slide the window (with its bracket) forward along the window regulator until the larger portion of the bracket slot is aligned with the plastic retainer of the regulator.

6. Separate the window bracket from the regulator retainer by pushing the bracket away from you (this is a small movement.)

At this point the window is freed from the regulator and can now be brought up out of the door.

I agree with the last post - except - my glass was held into the track with a cotter pin. The pin had to be removed before I was able to get the glass to slide out.

The "track" you mentioned in your post is referred to as "bracket" in my post. The window glass is secured within the bracket with two cotter (or split) pins.

The window/bracket can be removed from the door as an assembly. Should the need arise to separate the window glass from the bracket, the split pins can be removed after the window has been raised out of the door.

I've never had to remove the glass from the bracket to get the assembly out of the door. What's essential is to separate the window bracket from the regulator.