Sign in to follow this  
gobears

Electric Fan interface connector?

6 posts / 520 viewsLast Reply

Had an old electric fan die out and replaced with a spal, just noticed the spal uses a different interace connection than my old one: spal has a two prong male whereas my old old harness as one male.

how would you attach the old harness to the spal? (i did not replace the wiring harness with a spal because it's a good working order)

cut off the old connectors and crimp on new ones from the autoparts store or just make short jumper.

I'm having a difficult time visualizing the above because the spal has a red and black wire ending in a male terminal, but i have only one male terminal from my old setup.

most confusing is i have one wire that needs to go into 2 separate terminals.

i really appreciate your patience

cut off the old connectors and crimp on new ones from the autoparts store or just make short jumper.

I'm having a difficult time visualizing the above because the spal has a red and black wire ending in a male terminal, but i have only one male terminal from my old setup.

The black wire is a ground connection. Your old fan may have just been grounded to the body somewhere, instead of being grounded through the harness.

So, you can run a wire back to the battery and ground it that way, or just run a wire back to body for grounding just as the old fan was connected. It doesn't make much difference. The negative terminal of the battery should be well connected to the chassis/unibody, so any metal piece on the body should act as a negative/ground.

The black wire is a ground connection. Your old fan may have just been grounded to the body somewhere, instead of being grounded through the harness.

So, you can run a wire back to the battery and ground it that way, or just run a wire back to body for grounding just as the old fan was connected. It doesn't make much difference. The negative terminal of the battery should be well connected to the chassis/unibody, so any metal piece on the body should act as a negative/ground.

thank you, i understand exactly what to do.