jwcurry

1600 Owners Manual

6 posts / 623 viewsLast Reply

Hello all,

My glovebox filled up with water recently basically heavily damaging the 1600 owners manual I had inside.

Does anyone have an early 1969 1600 manual they could scan or send a digital copy along to me?

The early 69 1600 manual only lists the 1600 on the cover, contains a picture of the dash with the chrome bottom trim, and has a tan cover.

A manual produced later on in 1969 lists the 1600, 2002 and 2002 automatic.

If someone has an extra they would sell, I would be very interested as well. In the meantime, I'll be looking on Ebay, EbayUK, Amazon, etc....

Thank you,

-Jerry

jwcurry yahoo com

Jerry,

Also try Schiff European; bought an owners handbook from them when I had my 1969 NK 2000, paid just under $40.00; they are in Rhode Island

www.schiffeuropean.com

Tim

If you can catch a book that's gotten wet while it's still wet, put it in your freezer. The cold will prevent mold from growing on the wet paper, and the dry cold air will dry it out. It'll also keep the pages from sticking together as they dry.

When dry, remove and if the pages are curled, iron 'em on an ironing board on low heat.

When a library full of ancient books were soaked by floods in Florence Italy back around 1966, that's what the curators did, and saved these irreplaceable books. I did the same thing when my sump pump failed a couple of years ago and got a box of books wet in my basement. It worked in both cases.

mike

Thanks all for the tips and leads.

I was able to save everything in decent shape excepting, the owner's manual. Most of it is legible and I'm now on the look-out for a good one.

Regards,

-Jerry