6 posts / 589 viewsLast Reply

Hi Everyone,

I've been around the forum for a bit, but haven't posted much. (These new-fangled computers and the information super-highways sure are spiffy though) Basically, my mechanical skills qualify as "knows-enough-to-be-dangerous," but that's about it.

There's a '75 2002 daily driver in the garage, and an old '76 motor will be joining it tomorrow.

My intent is to tinker on the beat-up motor while driving the car, eventually getting to the point where the '76 motor is rebuilt and strong and I can swap it with the tired engine in the '75.

This serious wrenching is all a new process/ambition for an old dude like me, (always wanted to try it, never made the time 'til now) so a local vocational college automotive engine-rebuild class is on the schedule for later this year.

In the meantime, can anyone point me in the right direction for a 2002 SoCal community? The forum here covers Bay Area, but nothing down my way.

Anywho, glad to be here, hope to meet other owners before too long!

Sincerely,

Matt

post-23266-13667668508827_thumb.jpg

Lots of socal guys, you should go to the next Bay Area 02 it's a really nice event.

Did you end buying the 76 motor for cheap out of the Santa Maria Craigslist, the pic in your post sure looks like it?

Welcome to the insanity, fire off you questions and go to the Bay Area 02 swap and show in May to see dozens of 2002's.

G-Man

Did you end buying the 76 motor for cheap out of the Santa Maria Craigslist

Yeah, that's the one. Now I just gotta to learn how to rebuild the thing!