PaulTWinterton

What is this stuff?

8 posts / 659 viewsLast Reply

I'm rebuilding my 40 year old pedal box and I'm not sure what the material is between the body and the box. Maybe there's something better to use. ?

Advice please.

Thanks for reading and replying.

11qih69.jpg

the pedal box and the body to make the joint waterproof. You need to use somenthing similar when you reassemble, for the same reason. Lots of automotive sealers are available in tubes at an auto body supply store.

mike

Even at any auto parts stores.

Its like a putty that can come in a roll and has a backing that you peal off like double sided tape.

You shouldn't have any issue finding it

hey paul,

I picked some up at the lordco on kingsway/metrotown last year. Didn't have it at some other lordco's but the kingsway location is big one and has more paint/autobody stuff.

I already re-installed pedal box, gas tank, and heater on my 02, and I have a bunch to spare if you want to grab some from my place in New West. I think it was $10-$20 for enough to re-seal the usual places on 2-3 2002's.

Mark

Thanks for that. Mark, I may take you up on that as I owe you a visit and a box of beer at least for your 4speed donation. I’ll be in touch.

3M strip-calk sounds interesting as well.

Cheers to all.

+1 on 3M strip caulk! Great for rear early bumper brkt to body captive nuts, too! You could use household caulk, but you'd hate yourself later if you ever had to take it apart. 3M stuff is great.

Need to get some of that 3M stuff I'm doing the same thing right now. Only that my pedal box looks like it belongs in the Titanic.