• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My best friend is 2002ing across the US!

wegweiser

My friend Chris is driving his freshly built rat rod 2002 across the USA from Baltimore to Portland OR. He stopped by Pittsburgh yesterday and we spent a few hours double checking things and doing some last minute tweaks. He's got a cigar box ukelele, a banjo, an iPod, loads of smarts, and a trunk full of tools. Kansas City tonight, Denver tomorrow.

I've offered to network him with 2002 nuts across the US, in case he has any problems. He's a mad scientist / genius / BMW tech, so as long as he can source parts, he should be fine.

Car has 10:1 Mahles, 40 DCOEs, and the coolest headliner in 2002dom.

Let's cheer his ass ON!

post-2748-13667668455026_thumb.jpg

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

I've done a cross country drive twice in two different 2002s. The first time was in 1988 and I was solo with no clock, no speedometer/odometer, no gas gauge, no AAA, no cel phone.

It was a Zen life journey to be sure! (For me, it was Erie PA to the Grand Canyon, Vegas, Salt Lake City, DuBoise WY, then home....3 weeks on the road!) The second trip was Erie PA to San Francisco and back via Chicago, Denver, Utah, Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, etc)

I am so fucking jealous.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

We'd love to see him in Seattle. Our annual 02/02/02 drive (plus 11!) is Saturday Feb. 02.

I too am jealous. It's been way too many years since I've taken a serious road trip. I've driven the west coast (San Diego to Seattle, and back, a few times) in my dearly departed '71 1600. Detours off of I-5 over to Hwy 101, the scenic curves of the Pacific coast. Revving at 4400 rpms at 65 mph, both windows down, feeling and smelling the warm summer air. This was in 1983-87, long before 5 speed conversions.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Columbus (not to mention Cincinnati) and more in Indianapolis--with tools and spare parts in case he needs 'em.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite