caskren

windshield gasket

14 posts / 955 viewsLast Reply

I have a 70' 2002 project car that needs paint and headliner. I am contemplating removing the front and rear glass for these jobs. I know the OE seals are still available but at about half price for the aftermarket are OE worth it?

I have a 70' 2002 project car that needs paint and headliner. I am contemplating removing the front and rear glass for these jobs. I know the OE seals are still available but at about half price for the aftermarket are OE worth it?

Yes: in my recent experience the URO aftermarket seal simply doesn't fit properly. The OEM seal (I got mine from Blunt) fits like a glove: nice and tight against the bodywork.

found the front for $66 and $59 for the rear for the OE is this the best price? i dont want to skimp if its going to be a nightmare installing with the aftermarket ones.

...."at about half price for the aftermarket are OE worth it?" .YES.

do not use Ding Dong seals - unless you like putting yer nutz in a vice?

I have a new OEM seal but can't remember if it's the front or the back, lemme check. I'll give you the bro deal on it!

do not use Ding Dong seals - unless you like putting yer nutz in a vice?

He's not lying, URO gaskets are hell. Don't waste your time.

Scott

URO gaskets (insurance claim) before he finally listened to me and got a factory BMW gasket--overnighted from Max. In it went on the first try, and it hasn't leaked a drop since installation six years ago.

mike

well I had some hesitation, but I asked the same question couple years back, and members were, as usual, quite forthcoming, bottom line I used URO and they went in fine and work fine too. No more leaks, especially in my wallet!

Mike

well I had some hesitation, but I asked the same question couple years back, and members were, as usual, quite forthcoming, bottom line I used URO and they went in fine and work fine too. No more leaks, especially in my wallet!

Mike

I need to find a source for the OE seal, soon as I get one, you can have my URO P.O.S. Doesn't fit well, leaks like a mofo, and was a PITA to get in a year or so ago. Infact, it's soo bad I don't drive the car in the rain and in the PNW that's really been keeping my car in the garage.

BD

C.D.

Who's the source for these currently? Been missing my car, and tired of not driving it in the rain! Thx.

BD

OK so I"m lame. Sorry for the wasted bits, sent mail to Max. I should have known!!!

BD