GreenSwede

13x6 ET17 Borranis fitted

11 posts / 1627 viewsLast Reply

For those of you considering fitment and such, concerning et and so forth.

Fitted them last night, very happy how it turned out visually. Rubbing issues have to wait until spring. Snow and ice is keeping the taiga locked up for now.

Anyway, this is how Borrani 13x6 ET17 with 185/70´s look like mounted. And I like it!

post-19950-13667668408766_thumb.jpg

They look really good, Ola! I'm a little apprehensive, however, about rubbing issues -- I know, I know, in the spring!

Regards,

Steve

They look really good, Ola! I'm a little apprehensive, however, about rubbing issues -- I know, I know, in the spring!

Regards,

Steve

I am too. It is quite stiff though, the H&R it is quite sturdy and I´ve got a thicker sway in the front. Will install poly bushing before spring as well.

So far I´ve just been standing on the strut/brace and in the rear trying to rock it, but I don´t get close. I know the weight of the body cornering is an entirely different matter. We´ll se, come spring.

I do have a fender roller lying in the garage, and I think I´ll try it in the rear. There´s a bit of rust I´ll have to deal with anyhow. Tried setting it up in front since I had a front wheel off tonight, but the fitment wasn´t any good. Could not get it to press where I wanted it to, and seemed like I would just deform the entire fender.. As said, we´ll see.

(And I forgot to read the data of the rims, but I will!)

Thanks! With the right amount of distance and not to good quality of the picture - taiga looks good. There´s rust to be taken care of, and other things.

But, being a 38 year old swedish car, taiga is ok.

Regards,

Steve

I do have a fender roller lying in the garage, and I think I´ll try it in the rear. There´s a bit of rust I´ll have to deal with anyhow. Tried setting it up in front since I had a front wheel off tonight, but the fitment wasn´t any good. Could not get it to press where I wanted it to, and seemed like I would just deform the entire fender.. As said, we´ll see.

Fender roller? My thought exactly! Data on rims? My thought exactly? You are reading my mind!

And they really do look great!

Regards,

Steve

When I FINALLY got my 71 2002 on the road this Fall with 15" BBS rims on it, it was only when I dipped in to a corner when I realized I forgot to do something, roll the fenders! DOH!!! I was NOT going to take that chance after I had her painted so I carefully cut the flange of the rolled edge on the back and front, filed it down, painted the edge and it's been good ever since and sits very nicely inside the well. Just another option. You car looks cooL!

Regards,

Steve

Fender roller? My thought exactly! Data on rims? My thought exactly? You are reading my mind!

And they really do look great!

Regards,

Steve

I went ahead fender rolling yesterday. The rear came out ok, cracked some paint but I have to take car of some rust in the rear anyways.

The right front I had done before, using a piece of exhaust pipe taped with a soft tape. My car has some aftermarket fenders and they don´t look like oem and they don´t not even look alike. The left one has a smaller edge, and seems harder. Hopefully it is small enough to be ok.

And, I had to finish one side in the rear with a hammmer. After one and a half fender, the fender rollers thread on the push rod lost its bite. Piece of sh#%..

If not I do have two ET30´s ready to run, but I´d prefer the ET17`s. Seeing them side by side, the ET17 are way cooler, with the added depth. Not as cool as Daniels 6,5" ET6, but cooler=)

Forgot the data again, but I will get to it.

I like it! Looks sharp.

I'm a little worried about using my borranis. Since mine are 6.5 wide I'm not sure how I'll fit them without rubbing. I've heard good things about people running BBS ra`s in 15" that were fitted on non fender rolled cars...

Its all in the offsrt .