Sign in to follow this  
Bens

1800 guide support

8 posts / 1101 viewsLast Reply

Hi,

I found from RealOEM.com that the front guide support 31332650112

is no longer available.

Any one modify the front guide support for BMW 1800?

Thank's

I looked up the part number on RealOem and couldn't find the part. Can you post a photo, or provide a better description of what you need to replace?

Guide support same as front strut mounts. If you looking in realoem, please tick Europe market.

post-8113-13667668408519_thumb.jpg

Ahhh, I have always called those strut top bearings. Yes, they are NLA from BMW and no one makes replacements. Welcome to the NK world, there are a lot of parts that you will have to get creative to source. Some options are to convert to a later NK strut which has available top bearings, find someone with available spares (They pop up on German EBay occasionally), or do what I did and send your struts to Ground Control for conversion -

P1030149.JPG

I'll keep an eye out for these and if I find some I'll let you know.

Thank's for the photo. For the strut top bearing, what car has the same size which I can use for 1800. In the photo you use correction camber, isn't it?

No problem...

Carl Nelson at LaJolla Independent BMW will take new 2002 bearing supports and press in larger bearings that fit the larger strut shaft.

If you have the longer strut tubes for struts that RealOEM show as NLA, he will sell you new Bilts which, with a custom spacer (which in my case were about the last 1 inch of an old original strut) placed in tube before the Bilts, work just great.

The retro of the 2002 strut bearing mounts were cost of mounts plus $40 for new bearings inserted.

No problem...

Carl Nelson at LaJolla Independent BMW will take new 2002 bearing supports and press in larger bearings that fit the larger strut shaft.

If you have the longer strut tubes for struts that RealOEM show as NLA, he will sell you new Bilts which, with a custom spacer (which in my case were about the last 1 inch of an old original strut) placed in tube before the Bilts, work just great.

The retro of the 2002 strut bearing mounts were cost of mounts plus $40 for new bearings inserted.

Sweet! It's nice to know that there are a few vendors out there that know the NK and how to work around BMW's lack of support.