I'm posting this as a new message, in case it got buried in that

other thread...

--

Regarding where I've been, we just picked up Fast Eddie a couple

weeks ago, and I hadn't had an '02 for about 4 years. Call it

hiatus...

So, who wants to map out a good *on-road* drive to do in a

couple weeks? I can build a little web site with all the details as

they materialize. (And yeah, south of Carmel is cool!)

If any of you guys are actually interested in starting a Monterey

Bay 02 club, I can lend a hand with all the design/technical/web

stuff. Email me if interested, and we'll see what we can come up

with.

Cheers,

Gino

Guest Anonymous

Count me IN! San Hosay area. I love driving 9, Skyline, and 84 in the hills behind Santa Cruz.

But I'm down for whatever. Let me know!

Guest Anonymous

I live in santa cruz and we have a few 02. we used to have the ocasional sunday get to gether at my old house.

new house has less garage space and the cars are crammed into my 30th ave driveway.

Guest Anonymous

I live and work in Pacific Grove..I would love it if we had a local gathering group.If any of you are on a drive in Monterey, Stop by the trader Joes in the A.M and look for David-Ill come and shoot it with ya!Cheers-David Furey

Guest Anonymous

Since I don't live in Sata Cruz, I'll leave the suggestions for routes to the locals in that area, but for the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur area here's a couple of possibilities:

1. Meet at the Crossroads in Carmel, eat at one of a myriad of restaurants, admire cars, then take Carmel Valley Road (G16) through the valley. Lots of scenery with lots of twisties, tons'o'photo ops. It ends at 101 where the group can eat again or just split up to return home to their various locals etc. or u-turn and do it again back to Carmel. Either way a fun scenic road.

2. Hwy 1 south of Carmel to Rocky Point for a photo op/coffee, then take Palo Colorado to the Ventana wilderness park entrance where we could do a picnic/bbq/admire cars session before returning...(the road isn't THAT bad, it does have asphalt...and the views from the ridge are nice.)

3. Hwy 1 south, Rocky Point photo op/coffee(can you tell I hang out here a lot), on down through Big Sur, stop for lunch, enter the park and cruise through the redwoods (aka photo op), then back up to Carmel for BBQ dinner/hot tub/tech session at my brother's house/shop. (notice how I'm volunteering the family on this one...he's an e9 coupe guy, but don't let that scare you...)

That's a couple ideas off the top of my head for this area, there's a million to choose from... Of course I'm currently in the middle of a motor swap, engine bay restoration on my brother's 3.0CS so I won't have any free time for a drive until after the Monterey Historics (15th-17th). After that I'm up for a drive every day of the week..."I'm so tired of sandblasting brackets and do-dads right now it's not even funny..."

Cheers...

-Shad with a neglected '70 '02 right now...