mickem02

Sticker update...what do you think?

12 posts / 2064 viewsLast Reply

Hi,

I got some 3D-stickers custom made for my shift knob and hub caps. I'm really pleased how it turned out. What do you guys think?

3B854FB8-29D1-4B57-863F-8D46BA4EBE54-151-00000006909AB2D5.jpg

0AB8A080-F7F5-4027-A129-35E111D78D3E-151-00000006814DC2F0.jpg

And thanks to "jrkoupe" I got my hands on a 370mm Momo Prototipo and also a repro Alpina horn button thats going to fit the new wheel perfect.

Cheers Micke

Sorry for the threadjack - but I'm a huge fan of your car. Everything works together really, really well. That engine build looks solid too. I'd love to know more about what you did when you rebuilt that....

Jason

post-18266-13667668478893_thumb.jpg

No worries! :)

First of all, thanks for the kind words..Your car looks great too!

What do you want to know about the engine?

304 dr schrick, oversized tii pistons, polished rods, lightened flywheel, weber 45s, adjustable camsprocket etc.

Cheers Micke

They look good! Is the leather knob an OEM BMW one that you changed the logo on? What size did you order? Did you have to remove the old logo or did the sticker go on top of it? Thanks!

Yes, its the OEM knob and I took the BMW logo off first otherwise it doesnt look good. I ordered 30mm for the knobs and 43mm for the hub caps. On the vendors website they only have the later Alpina style logo. I sent them a picture of the early one so they manufactured those instead. More expensive but all worth it!

post-1906-13667668536586_thumb.jpg

That's awesome. Thanks so much for your help. The original knobs are difficult to find and are either scratched or ridiculously expensive. Very nice touch on providing the early logo with the carbs and old lettering. I think I will do the same!

Cheers,

Richard