E90racer

Seat identification?

9 posts / 602 viewsLast Reply

I've only seen this color interior on a single car online. Is this a stock color for any specific year/ model? It is a very beautiful color! This has been baffling me for close to a month!

Best Regards, Shamus

1973%20BMW%202002%20TII%20Burgundy%207.13.2010%20024.jpg[/img]

Esty is right, gobi tan, looks like World Upholstery carpet and seat cover set with butchered door panels...(too many wiggles on the non-original style stitching)

it's gobi tan

74-76

Well it's good to know it is a stock color! But a little unfortunate that it is only stock for square taillight.

Many thanks!

very early cars had a chocolate brown interior, but very few (if any) US spec 2002s came with it. 68-71 and at least some early 72s had a tobacco brown interior made from vinyl with a mottled appearance. Later 72s and all 73s used a similar color (more of a caramel) vinyl that's a single shade.

The pictured light tan was a squarelight interior color.

mike

very early cars had a chocolate brown interior, but very few (if any) US spec 2002s came with it. 68-71 and at least some early 72s had a tobacco brown interior made from vinyl with a mottled appearance. Later 72s and all 73s used a similar color (more of a caramel) vinyl that's a single shade.

The pictured light tan was a squarelight interior color.

mike

This is very helpful! I'm not too far from being able to buy my first 2002 project, and interior has always been my main concern as far as aesthetics. My plans are to stay completely OEM for whatever specific year and model I can get, so finding the proper interior is a must. Hopefully by next semester I will have at least a shell to begin with!