Mr2002

M10 subframe for M20B25 engine?

4 posts / 958 viewsLast Reply

Hello everyone, I'm the noob here, just bought a 1971 02 rolling shell and I'm looking at swapping the E30 M20B25 engine in but need to know if I have to run the m20 subframe? I understand you can run the M10 subframe with some modification to the mounts.

Here is my starting point for my custom restoration :)

p1384285358.jpg

I came from the VW scene and have always owned VW's so the BMW world is new to me but I'm a quick learner!

I currently have 2 M10 subframes that came with the car!

Thanks,

Chad

Search the web. there are articles on how to build the custom engine mounts needed to put the M20 engine in the car.

You do not need to modify the subframe in any way. Unless you want to reinforce the motor mount points, but I don't believe it is necessary. What you do need to modify are the motor mounts that bolt to the engine. You can make them yourself using the diagrams in the "6 into 2 does go" swap guide, or buy from someone who makes them.

The e30 front subframe won't work on a 2002- it doesn't have

the right suspension pickup points.

t