fast2002

2002 coilover conversion

5 posts / 711 viewsLast Reply

I am doing the fabrication work for the coil over conversion that's well documented on this site. I will be using the VW Rabbit from Bilsteins after I make the cut. I know the top secure nuts that comes with the VW bilsteins will not fit the BMW strut housing and new ones need to be ordered from Bilstein.

What is the part number of the correct secure nuts and where can I get it? Thanks

Again, not to sound like a sales guy but Ireland Eng. machines them from scratch because Bilstein is pretty dang proud of them and charges $$$. These are included when someone purchases the "race" shocks from the IE listing. This is why when you buy the struts from IE they are a couple bucks more, but in the long run its still cheaper than buying the shocks "cheaper" somewhere else and then needing to buy the gland nuts after the fact.

Search revealed Bilstein number B4-B30-U226A1, be prepared to spend another $40 plus shipping.

They don't list it on the site, but Kristin at Parts4vws.com can probably send you a set.

Jason