Sign in to follow this  
cthtii

1974 FS in Carson City, NV

29 posts / 2970 viewsLast Reply

Very nice. At least one re-paint -- BMW's '70s metallic paints self-destructed -- but it looks really complete and nice for $1,250 (even taking into account the engine issues). If always NV, could be almost rust-free! Someone please buy this!

Steve

Wont last long at that price... I sent a message as well but have not gotten a response so it might be too good to be true....

I did eventually get one email reply back from a "Brad Shepard" shepardnv at sbcglobal dot net with a phone number of 775-461-5035

You called it!, it's bogus

This was posted yesterday:

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3547901047.html

SCAM--->BMW Classic 1974 2002 - $1250 (Carson City)

Date: 2013-01-15, 11:10AM PST

Reply to this post [email protected][?]

Classic 1974 BMW 2002, Purchased and owned by the same family since it was brand new. 115,000 miles, Needs engine work.

This car is a scam. Contact info is sold to telemarketers. do avoid!

Wont last long at that price... I sent a message as well but have not gotten a response so it might be too good to be true....

I did eventually get one email reply back from a "Brad Shepard" shepardnv at sbcglobal dot net with a phone number of 775-461-5035

You called it!, it's bogus

This was posted yesterday:

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/3547901047.html

SCAM--->BMW Classic 1974 2002 - $1250 (Carson City)

Date: 2013-01-15, 11:10AM PST

Reply to this post [email protected][?]

Classic 1974 BMW 2002, Purchased and owned by the same family since it was brand new. 115,000 miles, Needs engine work.

This car is a scam. Contact info is sold to telemarketers. do avoid!

Wow, I believe it -- given how good this deal looked -- but it seems like a tough way to make a buck: 50 enthusiastic purchasers e-mail or call in and then they sell those contacts for, what, a nickel each? A '74 2002 just seems like a fringe choice if quantities of responses matter!

Steve

Curious as to how someone know it's a scam...I too have received a reply from Brad...(2 replies actually)

What did he say in the replies?

When I do a google search, there appears to be a Bradford Shepard that lives in Carson City at: 1848 N Division St, Carson City, NV 89703-2415

When you google this address, and look at the street view, there appears to be a 2002 under the car cover in the driveway, and who knows, that might even be Brad doing some gardening, pruning the rose bushes in the front yard.

I was going to call the NV DMV and see what they had on the car, however, I could only make out the numbers on the plate, not the letters. It appears that it could have CA plates on it, as opposed to NV. Hard to tell.

I have called and left at least 5 messages, texted 3 times and replied with a few emails over the past couple days. Nothing since the he responded to me.

BTW, I did not post the scam alert on CL, just saw it.

Maybe it is sold, and he hasn't removed the ad....