Sign in to follow this  
chad

38 Weber, IE Dizzy, 8mm plug wires, blue coil

10 posts / 1317 viewsLast Reply

I purchased all of these parts this summer and they have less than a 100 miles on them. I have started an M20 swap and will no longer need these.

- Weber 38 DGES with electric choke $355 OBO

- I.E. Tii Mechanical Advance Distributor with Electronic Ignitor $160 OBO

- 8mm IE plug wires $40 OBO

- Bosch Blue Ignition Coil $30 OBO

If anyone has any questions please email me.

post-10076-13667668293625_thumb.jpg

post-10076-13667668294782_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info.

I purchased this from IE and it is jetted for an 02. It is also has the correct linkage to receive an 02 throttle rod which from the pic in the link that carb does not. The carb also comes with a IE throttle rod for the 38.

Just a note about the Webers, specifically the claims of the $200 38/38:

Weber Carbs Direct is selling knock-off Webers, Chinese-made EMPI carbs under the Weber North America name. Easy way to spot them is that they have a "painted" or "anodized" finish (rather than the rough cast finish), and that they don't have "Weber" cast into them anywhere (just stickers on the carbs). They are pieces of junk, I won't even work with them any more. Especially the choke linkages are crap.

Redline Weber (where Ireland gets their carbs from, and where I buy mine) are still real Italian- or Spanish-cast carburetors. Real Weber quality. That's why they cost $400 new.

Long story short, don't believe in the $220-brand-new 38/38. Be picky when buying your parts.

Just a note about the Webers, specifically the claims of the $200 38/38:

Weber Carbs Direct is selling knock-off Webers, Chinese-made EMPI carbs under the Weber North America name. Easy way to spot them is that they have a "painted" or "anodized" finish (rather than the rough cast finish), and that they don't have "Weber" cast into them anywhere (just stickers on the carbs). They are pieces of junk, I won't even work with them any more. Especially the choke linkages are crap.

Redline Weber (where Ireland gets their carbs from, and where I buy mine) are still real Italian- or Spanish-cast carburetors. Real Weber quality. That's why they cost $400 new.

Long story short, don't believe in the $220-brand-new 38/38. Be picky when buying your parts.

Wow! Good to know! Glad I've never purchased anything from them. Seemed very inexpensive, but I hoped it was for real.

- Justin