Sign in to follow this  
hanksjim1

SOLD - 18i head for M10 - new casting, all new parts

6 posts / 781 viewsLast Reply

All new factory casting with all new parts; valves, rockers, cam, etc.

PO says it was run for an hour or so before short block issues were found. Current condition substantiates his claim.

Either cam needs to be changed out for 2002 distributor or source a 318i distributor (rotates opposite direction).

$300. shipped to lower 48.

Paypal preferred.

Please email me at hanksj AT hotmail DOT com to inquire or purchase.

Other than the reverse dizzy issue (assuming that I change the cam out to a 292 or something close to that) how compatible is this head with a stock 2002 (non Tii)? By putting this head on my engine will it maintain the stock compression ratio etc etc

thanks

Dennis

I'll let others chime in...I believe it lowers CR by about .2 - .3 as it has a bit larger combustion chamber...folks on the FAQ have used with flat top and piano pistons in a 2002 block...it also requires an electric fuel pump.

This thread might help:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/p,818685/highlight,/sid,8ecb51606a9464ee1e75c34b56e9bd49/