garya

Window Bracket: Is this piece necessary?!?

5 posts / 434 viewsLast Reply

Hey all... long time no post.

Put some replacement doors on the '72 for paint job. As I'm building them back up, I found that I am missing a piece from the guide. On the picture below, it is #2. I don't see a part number in realOEM. The window worked fine before without it... what is it's purpose?

post-102-13667668181803_thumb.png

I believe that's the part that keeps the glass stable within the channel as you raise/lower it - preventing wobbling.

glass can more easily get cocked in its channel and not want to roll up smoothly. It'll work without the piece, as you've discovered, but will work better if you have it. I don't think the factory would have included it if it wasn't necessary!

Perhaps someone has a derelict door with the part you need...

mike

I just checked with Blunt for this very part and it is NLA which is why Realoem does not list it. About the only way to find one is as Mike says and thats to see if you can find a used one. Good luck.

Look under the Parts For Sale section on this board. There have been a couple of cars being parted-out recently and they may have that piece that rides in track. As mentioned above, you do want to get that piece installed in order for the window to go up and down as originally intended.

Before replacing the door card/vinyl use some Wurth HHS-K spray synthetic lubricating oil in the window track, both front and rear.

The Wurth lubricant is available here:

Goodspeed Motoring: www.goodspeedmotoring.com

Bob Napier