sonhouse

starter upgrade fail

27 posts / 1556 viewsLast Reply

This is basically a rant against FCP Euro.

What was basically a two hour job has turned into a two week job because of them.

They have sent me two effed up SR441x starters. The only good thing is they have some sort of a return policy.

It's just frustrating now. I guess I'm putting them on the "never use these people" list along with 2002ad.

Sinceriously,

Frustrated in NOLA

Whats happened with the two starters? I think FCP just sells product, they are not re/manufacturing, right?

thats why sometimes its better to go to your local parts house for some stuff. . No work ? Plop it back on their counter.

I'm not sure exactly. I assume they aren't remanufacturing it themselves (they just sell broken parts). On both the starter drive gear didn't engage.

I really want to do this upgrade but I also want my car to run. Ive stooped to purchasing an auto zone starter just to get out back on the road.

thats why sometimes its better to go to your local parts house for some stuff. . No work ? Plop it back on their counter.

True dat. I couldn't find anyone in town that had one in stock so I'd had to order one anyway...

I used Autozone M3 starter, can't remember the price, returned my old starter as a core for $90 and got a lifetime warranty. What do you think they did with the old 02 starter, is it worth $90 in scrap?

Don

I used Autozone M3 starter, can't remember the price, returned my old starter as a core for $90 and got a lifetime warranty. What do you think they did with the old 02 starter, is it worth $90 in scrap?

Don

Which MP3 starter did you get?

As the euro mans says check both spade tips

Hmm... This may be my problem. I was told that I could convert the original spade tip to a U-shape connection. And that the U-connection could be attached to the screw sticking out between the two spades.

Is this not correct? I guess I could convert it back to the spade connection. I figured changing to the U-shape would be a more secure connection also...

it is not how it is connected, it is where the connections are being made. see the pic in the thread i posted that was found with search on "s14 and starter and wiring"

Did you try both spade posts? One works as expected, one just spins the motor.

uh, I've done this, too...

t