Tahoe next mont...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ouch3.jpg

URL: http://www.livejournal.com/~lamecity

Who's going to be there? Any one know the exact date/location yet? I've been checking out the Fest West website regularly, but no updates yet. Anyone here know anything? Hope to see a lot of you there. I'll be the one in the busted ass orange thing that's way too loud and missing most of it's front.

Guest Anonymous

I'm still fairly new to this forum--does anybody mind telling me what is going on in Tahoe next month, or where I can find more events and stuff? TIA

Guest Anonymous

I plan on going, as do two of my '02 comrades. I like the idea of a drive, however, I would definitly like to have at least one point where we can all get together and trade compliments, open hoods, etc. I'm hoping Mr. Torres has a place in mind, as it could be a BUNCH of '02's, looking at the excellent attendence of the recent Palo Alto events. I have to admit, I'm getting a little concerned as it is less then a month away. Hopefully it will not be like the MGB rallies, where all the tow companies within a hundred mile radius are on high alert. Donner lake area has a nice, big, scenic area. If anybody gets any details, please post them ASAP. Looking forward to it!!!

Guest Anonymous

I plan on going, as do two of my '02 comrades. I like the idea of a drive, however, I would definitly like to have at least one point where we can all get together and trade compliments, open hoods, etc. I'm hoping Mr. Torres has a place in mind, as it could be a BUNCH of '02's, looking at the excellent attendence of the recent Palo Alto events. I have to admit, I'm getting a little concerned as it is less then a month away. Hopefully it will not be like the MGB rallies, where all the tow companies within a hundred mile radius are on high alert. Donner lake area has a nice, big, scenic area. If anybody gets any details, please post them ASAP. Looking forward to it!!!

Guest Anonymous

I sent an email to Rob with a couple of suggestions.

Fireside on West Shore has a REALLY GOOD brunch.

Lake Tahoe Brewing has some really good brews, up at North Lake next to Cal-Neva.

Another spot was the Ponderosa. Could be a hokey, touristy spot and cool backdrop for pictures.

I don't think he was planning on a formal hotel to meet at, but that shouldn't stop everybody from making their own informal plans.

Guest Anonymous

The group drive should start in Tahoe and end up at the Monterey Historics. That way it would 'right' the 'wrong' of scheduling the two best events of the year on the same weekend!! (what were they thinking?)

I've made my choice, and will be surrounded by CS coupes all weekend on Turn 5 at Laguna Seca, waiting for the 7th cavalry of 02's to come rolling over the hill to the rescue...

Have fun in Tahoe, take lots'o'pics...

-s

Guest Anonymous

via I-80:

According to my maps, Forest Hill Rd out of Auburn goes all the way to Donner Lake. If there's any interest in taking back roads to Tahoe, I can pre-run the route the next weekend or two. Total distance is just under 100 miles to Tahoe City (at the lake), probably about a 3 hour drive altogether.

Forest Hill Rd @ I-80 would be logical collecting point, with several fast food outlets, grocery stores and gas stations for food and fuel

We've been about half way up via that route (we cut a Christmas tree at a farm east of Forest Hill every year) and the road as far as we've gone is great, with lots of good photo stops, but I understand it gets pretty twisty toward the top (not that that's a BAD thing, of course!).

Guest Anonymous

i think foresthill road peters out at duncan peak about 30 miles or so east of foresthill. it starts gettting pretty nasty around there, too. i think there is route between foresthill road and 80 before you reach the end. don't ask me where it is, though....

Guest Anonymous

across to I-80 - don't think it'd be worth the extra milage, as Forest Hill Rd and Yankee Jim make up the two long sides of a triangle, with I-80 as the base.