nbristow01

Shock question

8 posts / 838 viewsLast Reply

Last night I was thinking about my rear subframe swap I will be doing. I instelled the Bilstien HDs about 3 years ago. I rememebr a few months back a post talking about the plastic or rubber insert piece that goes inside the shock tower and sticks out through the top into the truck. Mine does not have this....I looked on REALOAM but can not locate it. I have a 74 model. Are these pieces required? Reason I ask is I am getting a thump noise from my right shock when I back out into the alley then again when I take off. Sounds like a loose shock....thanks in advance and if you can find a post with this part please post me the link

yes you need them 33521111118

I will go through and post this number in the other 5 threads as well so you have it

I will go through and post this number in the other 5 threads as well so you have it

LOL

the correct one-piece rubber bushing for the

top of rear shock is 33 52 1 111 118 (2)

sugg list price $33.89

and the correct large washers (4 ) 33 52 1 111 953

sugg list price $4.26

also there should be a metal tube spacer inside

the bushing 33 52 1 105 047 (2)

sugg list price $6.73

02reardrivewhlbrgssusppartsA.jpg

Hardy har harrrrr. You must be snowed in.

Hardy har harrrrr. You must be snowed in.

Youre just so easy Nicky

Nick, who put that shock in without that bushing? I am surprised you haven't noticed a tremendous amount of noise and maybe some movement back there.

One would have to wonder, or at least SHOULD wonder, what all that space around the shock and the hole was for when they installed the shock.

Nick, who put that shock in without that bushing? I am surprised you haven't noticed a tremendous amount of noise and maybe some movement back there.

One would have to wonder, or at least SHOULD wonder, what all that space around the shock and the hole was for when they installed the shock.

SSHHHHHH don't tell anyone Bill but I did it. A few days after I got the car, just took out the old shocks and installed the new shocks. I did notice the larger hole but I had a rubber shock grommet that when on each side. I figured that just must be how BMW did it. Lets keep this between us LOL.

Yes it was hair brained..speaking of hair...BLUNT what do these run for 2 with the metal sleeves just in case these are not long enough