OriginalOwner

adjusted the valves today .....

3 posts / 508 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

finally worked up the energy to adjust the valves. Even had energy left over to clean the spark plugs, since removing the spark plugs is Step 1 for valve adjusting (in Carl's book, that is).

Anyway, we had an early thread on the topic:
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,380220

SO, what I wrote in that topic was that you can adjust 2 valves with one setting of the camshaft.
Here's a chart I made up to show what 2 valves can be adjusted .....

Valve_adjustment__whichvalvespairup.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

Guest Anonymous

actually I have found that you can do three valves at once: the 2 that are closed on a particular cylinder and one other that will also be closed at the same time. That being said, I end up not just going thru them once, but checking and re-checking as I rotate the engine thru complete cycles, so it doesn't end up saving any time to do three at once.

Thanks for the Cheat sheet chart. I printed that out and stuck it on my toolboox!