AceAndrew

14 inch NK steelies clear volvo BBK?

13 posts / 1891 viewsLast Reply

Hoping someone might know this off hand (have searched ad nauseum), if not I'll find out shortly.

I have the IE volvo-based front BBK and the rear E21 250mm drums. Looking to put the 14x5.5" 1800Ti wheels on and am wondering if these will clear.

If they don't fit, would you like to sell them to me?

I have 13x5 rear opel wheels on my car with the E21 drums and they fit. You'll have to find someone else to answer for the fronts but I suspect they will clear OK.

-=Ben

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the feedback on the rear, am a bit more worried there than the front clearance actually.

I'm pretty determined to make them fit.

what is the offset? 13x5.5 et 18 320i steelies fit over the volvo brakes. i used one as a spare....well.....until you made me buy all that wilwood stuff!! :-)

do they look like these?

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,380452/highlight,/

those have a pretty severe "wrap" near the center and may not work.

Haha, we are all enablers it seems.

I think you're right on the backside wrap, pretty similar to the standard wheels. I guess we'll see when it comes time. Maybe some spacing will make it work.

photo-1.jpg

I had early Tii steelies over my volvo setup, needed small spacers ( i used 6mm) to clear.

For posterity. It was close but the 14x5.5" NK 1800ti wheels will clear the volvo-based IE bbk!

final3_zps55eb5ca4.jpg

Cannot thank "the collector" enough for these. I'm torn between running them now or waiting a few years when the bodywork is done.

final2-1_zps41bd064e.jpg

Run them now!!! Those will look awesome on a car with some patina as well as freshly painted.

^ this!

Alrighty then, will put my existing wheels up for sale soon then!

agree, run those steelies!

and thanks for updating your original thread with the answer. i am sure that will help someone in the future.

I had a set if 14" NKs. I sent them to CA and had them turned into 15x7 ET25 Basically they cut out the center piece of the 14" NK and weld it into a 15x7 barrel. I could not get the rear disc setup to fit. But yes the front BBK will fit. Those wheels look sweet

post-16982-13667671474531_thumb.jpg

It's gonna look sweet Andrew! It's a nice setup to run, ask me how I know :)

DSCN2093

14x5.5 2000cs steelies and caps.

-Matt