pottsthomas

floppy shifter on Aardvark short shift kit

5 posts / 1067 viewsLast Reply

The shifting on my tii has gone from acceptable to sloppy in the old vw bug way. It has a 5 spd with a short shift from Aardvark. Any ideas on this before I start taking things apart.

The shifting on my tii has gone from acceptable to sloppy in the old vw bug way. It has a 5 spd with a short shift from Aardvark. Any ideas on this before I start taking things apart.

It likely took itself apart ... get under there and see if the socket head cap screws that hold the shifter blocks to the back of the tranny have backed out. sounds like its not too old so that is likely it

If so remove them.. Clean them and loctite in place

Guest Anonymous

Ok will do.

I flipped the white concave washer. I don't know the name of the piece. It is located on the top of the shift lever cradling the round portion of the shifter. It was in backwards. Much better.

Blunt nailed it.  Tightened them up.  They've backed out again and re-tightened a year later.  I'm wondering if rattling around while loose has buggered the threads a bit.