DAmn. losing water from somewhere...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

gonna have to just keep topping off but, I think this is not good. no visable leaks but, I haven't checked all over. this is my daily driver. I can not afford this happening right now.

I guess I'm doing a compression check this weekend.

gotta remember to buy beer.

Guest Anonymous

Look very carefully at the underside of the water pump for coolant stains below the weep hole. Leaks can go on there for a long time before you notice them. If there is white exhaust smoke after starts on cold mornings, think head gasket leak or head crack; ditto if you take off the radiator cap and see bubbles in the coolant.

Guest Anonymous

motor was rebuilt 6000 miles ago and, I think I put on a new water pump but these might go bad.

the new movie trailer 'when water pumps go bad'

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

heater box. Since they pass through the firewall, the leak can be distributed in very small amounts in very weird places. I just had to replace the hose on the pax side ( there are 2). On a cold car, squeeze those hoses and listen for any sounds of drippage/look/smell for coolant. Also, check along the front valance inner edge: if your lower hose is leaking, sometimes the coolant will pool in that for a while. If you can do a pressure test, you would be able to poke around on a cold/quiet engine without distraction or danger. Good luck- I know how bad it is to have a mystery problem on a daily driver.