Sign in to follow this  
jgerock

Performance Machine in Newington VA

9 posts / 1928 viewsLast Reply

What about J&F on 4 mile Run?

I have heard some unusual things about J&F's Machine shop, so I'm thinking a little differently than before. My friend Andy at Foreign Car Service recommended Performance Machine so I'll try to check them out possibly this Friday.

There used to be a small machine shop in Woodbridge that I used back in the '80's but have no idea they are still in business.

I'm in need of some machine work and was wondering if you had a chance to check out this place yet?  (re: Performance Machine). 

Either way, if you or anyone else can recommend a knowledgable machine shop (preferably one with 2002 experience) anywhere between Gettysburg, PA and Woodbridge, VA ... I'd like to hear about them.   Something in or near Montgomery County, MD would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

Heath- 

I stopped by Performance Machine a few months ago (sorry for not updating this).  Owner George Cox is an older gentleman who runs a small busy shop.  His place is hard to find (right next to Alban Tire) and used to be located off Eisenhower Avenue in a much larger space.  His "new" place is about 1/3 the size of his old shop so it is a little cluttered. Now that I have a set of oversize pistons for my tii block, I'm considering taking the bottom end to him for machining. I would call him first to see how his backlog is before doing anything.

Performance Machine

7304 B Boudinot Drive

Springfield, VA 22150

tel: 703-440-0023

A long time ago, I took my 6 volt 180mm flywheel from my 66 VW to Norpa Machine shop in Woodbridge for lightening.  They did a good job.  I have had no recent experience with them.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/norpa-machine-shop-woodbridge

(edited)

I've had good luck with Rockville Ring & Bearing, they are in an industrial area off of Gude drive. Two blocks bored, rods reconditioned, and recent multi-angle valve job on my E12 head. Doug is the owner, very helpful and does work for various local 2002 racers.

Rockville Ring & Bearing Service
7406 Westmore Road # L
(301) 762-5542
m-f, 8-5

I also get my tires mounted at Universal Used Tires in the same complex. Open Sat and Sun, $40 for four tires mounted and balanced. I go through 3-5 sets/year and have never had a bad balance there.

Universal Used Tires & Rims
7406 Westmore Rd
Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 251-1609
www.universalusedtiresandrims.com

Fred  '74tii & '69

Edited by FB73tii

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.