tomscat1

Snowplowing today? How about with your 2002?

19 posts / 1004 viewsLast Reply

Thought for the day, at least for those of us here in New England after last night's snowstorm. My two 325ix's are BOTH in the shop as we speak, and my snowblower sprung a leak in the carburetor bowl yesterday. Sheesh! Ask me about MY day! :(

So this thing is looking VERY attractive to me at the moment, with a 120+ foot driveway!!

;)

According to Nordic, it will fit any car!

http://www.nordicautoplow.com/

No affiliation, etc.

The demo shows an E30 convertible (identical to the one I have, btw!) I don't know about hooking it up to my 2002---I could, because it is NOT a Concours example, by any means---- but.... I would think about it for my 325ix! Assuming it was out of the shop, of course!

;)

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/12/bmw-convertible-snow-plow.html

There's this knee-jerk side of me that just can't stomach the thought of a 2002 being driven (for any reason) in snow.

For kicks, I did some math though...at least on my own 72:

front bumper $1280

headlight grilles (set) $700

center grille $220

nose panel $1200

Calling someone to plow my driveway:

$60 maybe?

Life is full of tough decisions! :-P

post-22228-13667667827127_thumb.jpg

There's this knee-jerk side of me that just can't stomach the thought of a 2002 being driven (for any reason) in snow.

front bumper $1280

center grille $220

nose panel $1200

$60 maybe?

Yeah, that makes it a no-brainer for the 2002 for sure!

But on the other hand.... I may be able to make a case with You-Know-Who to keep a spare beater 325ix on hand.... for snowplowing duties! The Ultimate Snowmobile!

;)

years in the snow and always had fun with it...then spent 6 years or so off and on repairing all the rust from the salt that inevitibly accompanies the snow, at least in our part of the country. So no more snow for my 02s.

But there's nothing quite as much fun as a big empty parking lot--no light standards or parking blocks--about four inches of snow--and a 2002!

mike

Guest Anonymous

50 feet of tow rope, 2 days of diggin out and today the PO towed my o2 out of its snowy tomb, head gasket blew the day the big storm blew in, been workin 12 hours a day at the post and finaly she is ready to run, final install tomorrow, sno willin, and I am gonna drive my beast to the summit of Mount Shasta, no salt on the local roads and damn this car was built for the snow X x X x Let the purist hide in their garages this is gonna be one fun drive, no doubt the car will outlive me, let the NO {next owner} deal with the crust, Life is good in the Mountains and no sir I wont wait til spring to take her out and let her Scream!

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

76 Golfie, Screamin Yellow Zonker

97 328is For when u absolutley positively gotta get there fast

front bumper $1280

center grille $220

nose panel $1200

$60 maybe?

I'm with Paul. Of course, I live in FL.

Hey Tom where in Connecticut are you? I'm in Danbury and also have an '02 iX problem.

I am at the opposite end of CT along the shore. Near those wonderful folks who brought you "Lyme disease'!

;)

wegweiser said, "There's this knee-jerk side of me that just can't stomach the thought of a 2002 being driven (for any reason) in snow."

that's why I remain a SoCal flatlander, never had to deal with that snow nonsense .... and I don't have the necessary courage to do so !!

Cheers,

Carl

I restored a 46 Willys Jeep about 12 years ago. Great for summer fun and winter snow plowing. The guys near me can't understand why I use it for plowing and I say why not - it's fun!

Last week 16" of new snow and a 400' driveway - woohoo!

Jeff

wegweiser said, "There's this knee-jerk side of me that just can't stomach the thought of a 2002 being driven (for any reason) in snow."

that's why I remain a SoCal flatlander, never had to deal with that snow nonsense .... and I don't have the necessary courage to do so !!

Cheers,

Carl

OK, well I can now fall back on this.....

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/12/snowblower-is-up-and-running.html

so the '02 is off the hook!

;)

You guys made me post my snow pics again. Wait - I live in the Mid-Atlantic area.

pics121909019.jpg

Neighborhood snow clearing FAIL

pics121909010.jpg

I promise I don't drive a red Pontiac Aztek.

Carssnowedin.jpg

snowpics262010002.jpg

snowpics262010006.jpg