PAPAGALLO

3 PIECE DASH

8 posts / 1122 viewsLast Reply

HELLO GUYS

GOT A 3 PIECE RECOVERED DASH(VERY NICE) .I HAVE A QUESTION :DID THESE DASHES NOT HAVE A GLOVE BOX AND DID THEY HAVE THE FASTEN SEAT BELTS THINGY?MINE HAS NONE OF BOTH AND NO WHERE TO PUT HEATER PLATES OR GLOVE BOX.ANYTHING MISSING?

WILL IT FIT MY 72?THANKS FOR ANY INFO AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No, the 3- parters had the glove box where the rest of the cars have them,

down below the passenger's side shelf.

And plates for the heating system in the usual spots, to either

side of the driver.

Post up some pix- you have something quite different...

t

those with (US) VINs in the 166/167xxxx range. When the "modell 71" cars came out beginning with VIN 257xxxx (through 259xxxx and the corresponding tiis in the 276xxxx series), they started using a two piece (upper and lower) dash...but it wasn't until sometime in 1972 they added the "Fasten Seat Belt" sign to the dash top. Squarelights all had one piece dashes.

If your '72 has a four lever heater that's illuminated, you may have to do some modifying to make your heater controls fit that 3 piece dash, as the 3 lever panels were attached to the dash differently.

mike

RIGHT NOW CAR HAS 1 PIECE.THE 3 PIECE I HAVE IS TOTALLY FLAT AT THE BOTTOM.WILL POST PICS ASAP.THANKS

(nt)HERE IS PIC OF DASH.AS I SAID IT IS FLAT ON THE BOTTOM PART NO PALCE FOR GLOVEBOX OR HEATER PLATES.COULD IT HAVE BEEN CUT AND THEN RECOVERED THAT WAY?

post-611-13667667840549_thumb.jpg

005-1.zip

the dash you have pictured is for a VERY early 02 or 1600 before 1968, and i believe they were still in use in europe till a later date. BTW, all ti's had those, too.

the unique and, i think, attractive bit you are missing, is the chrome trim, glovebox and ashtray that occupy the bottom section.

unless you can source those bits out, you can swap the bottom, flat piece for a conventional bottom piece that is more common.