Sign in to follow this  
ptbadboy

Solex/Weber Manifold

4 posts / 738 viewsLast Reply

Excellent condition Solex/Weber manifold. Unmodified carb throats. I cleaned this up completely, and 2 coats high temp engine primer and aluminum paint. Also surfaced the gasket faces flat for good seal(didn't take much off, so still close and tight to water neck flange. $80/BO, plus ship from 94578.

don

SOLD

post-1635-13667667695514_thumb.jpg

post-1635-13667667698115_thumb.jpg

post-1635-13667667700531_thumb.jpg

post-1635-13667667703009_thumb.jpg

post-1635-13667667705586_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

How can this manifold be considered "Excellent condition" when one of the mounting ears is broken? Ive always thought excellent condition meant no flaws. I have one that is broken in the exact location. Maybe I should clean it up and sell it as "Excellent" IDK..

Thank you Dtepe.

Obviously bridgengee knows nothing about BMW 2002s, or has nothing better to do than trash another member for his own amusement. This has occurred to me before when I attempted to sell a set of Schrick Race Valves and dbl springs.

At that time, my asking price was critisized as being way too high for the items, suggesting I was trying to rip someone off.

Turns out that the critic was misinformed about his research, and when I pointed this out, he acknowledged his error. That was all good and well,

but by that time the damage is done. Potential buyers or sellers are then wary of your product and pass on it.

I've benefitted tremendously by the information available to me on this site since I joined years ago, in my ownership and rebuild of my '75. I've bought lots with success here and developed friendships. I've not ever ripped any one off.

I have since sold that questioned valve set to a very thankful, and satisfied bimmer owner on another venue, who was obviously more astute and had done his research and saved substantially over the prices at W&N in Germany. I lost considerably on that purchase but it was satisfying to see them go back into the community on another members car.

I've also put other items for sale on this site first before placing them on other sites, to give the FAQ community a first chance to feed their addiction, as I've fed mine.

I recently had the pleasure of providing a rebuilt E12 head to another long time respected member in Arizona for what he felt was a very reasonable price, and he's now back on the road, with several long distance trips under his bonnet(pun intended) so to speak. Very happy guy. Had seen his car in several posts back. Pleases me that something I touched and worked on has pleased and benefitted another here.

I will continue to give first, and occasionally another, crack at parts I've touched and perhaps worked on and maybe even improved, on this site, as I want to support this exchange of drugs for my habit.

Those times that I've been critisized for inappropriate pricing have received balm in the wider world, but the sting of unknowledgeable comments here sometimes makes me pause when considering buying or selling here.

So far this pause hasn't stopped me yet.

don