Sign in to follow this  
Mars

Old Wheels Trivia Question

9 posts / 1516 viewsLast Reply

Hi all.

Lookin' towards the other old timers on here - those older than me (47+) who can maybe jog my memory.

In the late 70's and early 80's American Racing made their versions of wheels such as libres, etc. They made one 4 spoke wheel in a 13" 4x100 pattern which looked just like BWA Milano / SportStars wheels. Does anyone remember what these were called? I attached a pic of the BWA types to show what the American Racing wheels looked like. I actually think the ARs looked better.

166086d1265897558-replacement-center-caps-bwa-wheels-bwa_wheel.jpg[/img]

I used to run those ARs on Datsun 510s, etc. back then and on an SR5 toyotas in the early 80s before I started playing with 02s...

big man ray still hangin' out around here.. nice!

nope. the lagunas are the libre types. Jgerock, those aren't the ones either but the idea of the squared off ends is right. The ARs look 99% identical to the BWA sportstars pic I posted.

Unless you ran these bitd, you just dont see these around. I have spent countless hours on google trying to find them and I havent found a single copy yet, except for the laguna types Ray posted.

Tricky aint it? :)

jgerock,

that was an awesome thread chock full o' pics. I saved that one. Good for reference there. It also gave me an idea - a few of the pics showed old ads in the magazines so I will go back and thumb through some of my old car mags from the 80s. Bloody Internet almost made me forget about picking up a simple book :)

I think you must be mis-remembering!

;-)

Cheers,

jgerock,

that was an awesome thread chock full o' pics. I saved that one. Good for reference there. It also gave me an idea - a few of the pics showed old ads in the magazines so I will go back and thumb through some of my old car mags from the 80s. Bloody Internet almost made me forget about picking up a simple book :)