bam2002

I am getting Infected site warning again

13 posts / 646 viewsLast Reply

F**k badware I just instaled ESNT antivirrus 5. Before I got it installed I got a super bad bug a little while ago and they gave me free tec suport and helped me get rid of it! It was very reasonable $19 on sale and $39 full boat. It runs very light on the system and they have been around for 20 years.. they get a +10 from me..

off topic but the safest, surest way to avoid online critters is to run your browser in a sandbox...i use sandboxie...it's free, i'm cheap

on topic...i've never stop'd receiving the warnings since it started...i just plow thru it...i truly believe it's nothing at all

off topic but the safest, surest way to avoid online critters is to run your browser in a sandbox...i use sandboxie...it's free, i'm cheap

on topic...i've never stop'd receiving the warnings since it started...i just plow thru it...i truly believe it's nothing at all

My keys get really chafed when I play in the sandbox!!.....

I too have never stopped getting the warnings. They've become a regular feature now. :(

I use Chrome. I was getting the warning last week (and stayed away), but not getting it now.

I'm using an older version of Firefox, no issues, but I'm a Mac user...

steve k...FWIW, i figured out why firefox is still reporting the site...it keeps the info stored in a file in the user profile...i fix'd it by doing the following

copied from http://www.wilderssecurity.com

You can disable the Google/Firefox anti-phishing database. Just go into about:config and set "browser.safebrowsing.enabled" and "browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled" both to FALSE, then delete the "urlclassifier3.sqlite" file in your Firefox directory

You can also do it here:

Tools > Options > Security and then untick both the blocks.

the sql file keeps the info so it's important to delete that file...found in mozilla/firefox/profiles/

maybe just deleting the sql file will stop the reports but i did all of the above because of the way i surf the web...to each your own

F**k badware I just instaled ESNT antivirrus 5. Before I got it installed I got a super bad bug a little while ago and they gave me free tec suport and helped me get rid of it! It was very reasonable $19 on sale and $39 full boat. It runs very light on the system and they have been around for 20 years.. they get a +10 from me..

lol "what" stay off the p___r___nishware sites

Mine is reporting www.bmw2002faq.com as OK but qa1.bmw2002faq.com as the problem, same domain even though I am not visiting your QA site, maybe some old content there that needs to be cleaned up?