austinmf

Megasquirt MAP picture request

4 posts / 576 viewsLast Reply

Happy Holidays to all!

I am going through my megasquirt MSII set up and just realized that I did not get a MAP sensor.... somehow I over looked that!

Does anyone have a pic of the MAP sensor set up and the hose connection?

I was thinking of hooking it up to the TB but read the intake manifold is better.

I am running a jeep stepper motor too... Just going through it and am going to preset up like Zee did.

Also running a single high pressure pump where my Tii pump was (Have a Tii fuel tank). Not wanting to run an in tank pump as I am BROKE... Thinking the system should always have fuel once primed....

Your pump location should work ok. It will prime itself. I've done both and currently run as you are because the Tii tank gives more usable fuel capacity. The in-tank pump pickup screen is hither off the tank bottom and will suck air sooner.

The Tii pickup also has a slosh cone around it to help avoid pump starvation on low fuel and cornering. The in-tank pump does not offer that feature.

Thanks for the Fuel Tank confirm! I was hoping that was the case.

Also, found the frigging map... just looking at my megasquirt box and there it was.... figured it would be under the hood and not requiring a vacuum line run.