austinmf

Anybody import dash boards from Germany?

4 posts / 662 viewsLast Reply

I found two but they want 650 to ship them to the states... Sounds excessive to me...

Mike, $650 is not bad if it has no cracks. But it will probably be damaged during shipping from Germany.

The last two times I was in Germany, in 2004 & 2008 I found good used crack free Euro dash boards for cheap (120 & 100 Euros) at automotive flea markets and mailed them back through the US postal system (I had an APO address). One dash is in my tii, the other I traded to Carl Nelson for a set of early 02 bumpers that are now on my 74tii. If you want to look for an 02 dash in Germany and have a bunch of airline miles you want to use, recommend going to Veterama in March at Hochenheimring near Mannheim.

http://www.veterama.de/en/info/general-information The first 02 dash I scored in 2004, I bought from a vendor at Veterama in Ludwigshafen. Think of Veterama as a gigantic automotive flea market for old school car parts. I felt like a kid in a candy store while I was there.

G-Man

650 for what? for the shipping? or the dash? Euro or dollar? What are you looking for, one piece dash? Ok, crack free is not easy but I think it is possible to realize it cheaper.

-Wolfgang