Sign in to follow this  
thecouve02

1970 1600 BAUR VollCabrio - full Tii conversion

2 posts / 1636 viewsLast Reply

For sale is my 1970 1600 Baur VCabrio. Not concours but nice and mechanically solid. FULL tii conversion starting with a completely rebuilt tii motor from a 72, including the mechanical fuel injection done by Dave Redszus in Illinois. The exhaust is original new old stock tii as well. Tii Trailing arms and front struts with rear disc conversion as well as the 528i big brake front conversion. Original interior in good shape. Staggered BBS RS wheels with Michelin tires. Rechromed front and rear bumpers. Rare from driving light bar with thin driving lights (still need to be hooked up). Some floor pan issues that I have plenty of pictures of, but nothing that cannot be fixed. I have this car to drive and it is still more rigid than an E30 cabrio. Starts every time I hit the key. Comes with a spare OEM NEW windshield. $14,000 - Email - [email protected] or call/text 503-891-3959

post-18324-13667667522854_thumb.jpg

Hi, is your cabriolet selling for the 14k asking, or has there been much interest?

I have a '71 1600 Cabriolet in Fjord blue, original engine w/ 5spd conversion, and I was hoping it's worth more than 14k, but maybe not... though fjord is IMHO (along with polaris and white) one of the more desirable colors. I see nice condition non-cabriolet 2002s asking much more than 14k.

When mine is freshly washed, driving around in the summer, I get thumbs up all the time. I'd encourage anyone to pick up a cabriolet when they see one, so very rare in the U.S.