Sign in to follow this  
JsnPpp

New ride - I love it!

5 posts / 801 viewsLast Reply

Woot! We bought a 1984 Vanagon Westfalia last weekend!

photo-782530.JPG

Sold our 1976 Apache Camper (kind of bummed about that) but this has definitely cheered us up! Great ride - 2.5 Liter 175 hp Subaru Forrester engine, 4 spd OD, limited slip, 2 inch lift springs, 16 inch wheels, vented big brakes, Bilstein sports, short shift kit, new top, 12 volt truck fridge, 4 batteries, safari grills, etc.

It's not without issues, but a whole lot of fun and I love working on it - so much room compared to the 02s! Still have both 2002's (I have a great wife, she loves them all and so do the kids!) but am starting to think my red car should go.. I'll wait till spring to change my mind.

Can't wait to get out camping in it! I want it totally off-grid capable. Talk about a toaster! His name is "Rowlf".

Cheers,

~Jason

friend of mine had a brown one, same year. thing was awesome. we abused i for years.

but you know what you need to do to fix it's major flaw. drop a 3.0l Porsche 911 engine in the back. it fits pretty nicely....