Sign in to follow this  
e28jay

WTB 2002tii shell in California

8 posts / 1034 viewsLast Reply

I was ready to pick up a shell this weekend but it looks like the deal may fall through. If it does, I am trying to see if there are any other 2002tii shells out there. I just need the body, straight and rust free. Prefer to purchase in the Bay Area but will travel for the right one. Email me at e28jay at gmail.

since you mentioned 'diamond in the rough'....

i've got a 'rough-looking diamond' tii shell with rust issues that was 'given' to me several years ago.

the free car was not so free when i went to title it, though. after paying delinquent registration fees since the PO did not 'non-op' it, and trading a tii engine for the matching tii engine to this shell, it cost me $500.

it's a 73tii with clear title, matching shortblock, originally Fjord. no suspension, interior, hood, or other tii-specifi parts, and serious rust issues.

it's on my project list, but i'd rather see it moved along if someone was interested.

$500 as described above, located in Marin.

if interested, we could discuss repair panels at additional cost.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

since you mentioned 'diamond in the rough'....

i've got a 'rough-looking diamond' tii shell with rust issues that was 'given' to me several years ago.

the free car was not so free when i went to title it, though. after paying delinquent registration fees since the PO did not 'non-op' it, and trading a tii engine for the matching tii engine to this shell, it cost me $500.

it's a 73tii with clear title, matching shortblock, originally Fjord. no suspension, interior, hood, or other tii-specifi parts, and serious rust issues.

it's on my project list, but i'd rather see it moved along if someone was interested.

$500 as described above, located in Marin.

if interested, we could discuss repair panels at additional cost.

jerryallsmanATyahooDOTcom

Wow Jerry that is a great deal. I wanted that car 73 tii years ago hope it goes to a good home!!!

Jb

[

Wow Jerry that is a great deal. I wanted that car 73 tii years ago hope it goes to a good home!!!

Jb

hi Julio, i'd like to see this car moved to the front of the repair line, but i am knee deep in saving a 72tii that WAS even more rusty than this particular shell. In fact, with the experience i've gained doing rust repair, i'm not really intimidated by much on these cars. it's just a matter of time and effort.

i have decided that it is probably worth the cost to purchase SOME repair panels, especially the bottom corner of the front panel. i spent too many hours fabricating two replacement patches for this area. time that could have moved the project faster. but it did turn out nicely.

Guest Anonymous

Pretty decent lookin roundie shell on ebay right now, aguave to die for, not sure the dif on 2002-vs-tii shells other than vin?

Dave