Guest Anonymous

Your experience buying from Top End Performance????

12 posts / 1196 viewsLast Reply

Guest Anonymous

I have been trying to buy a new Weber carb from TEP but find they might allready be so overloaded with customers that they do not need anymore. Talked with another local car enthusiast yesterday and he says the same thing. They are not easy to get a hold of and possibly not buyer friendly. What has been your experience????

Bought my Weber 38/38 from Ireland. Good price, and they sell the correct throttle linkage rod. They will answer the phone.

Bought headers from TEP recently. Had some questions that were nicely and quickly answered in a nice manner. The actual order handled the same way, would not hesitate to contact them again.

I'm not sure what happened in your case, but I'm friends with those guys and they've been helping me for the past 13 years with advice and parts for my cars. They always answer the phone, know more than anyone I've talked to, and are always incredibly helpful. Yes, he is extremely busy (for a good reason) but Steve is a very nice guy. You can also ask for Jeff, he builds their engines there and is also quite helpful. I've spent a lot of time at their place just picking their brains about these cars and they've always taken the time to help.

I do know, though, that he does get a lot of people calling that think they know what they're talking about (usually from believing everything they read on forums..;-) and end up arguing with him, which does irritate him, so usually the bad stories you hear tend to be from those 'types' of people....:-)

Give him a chance, I was on the phone with him twice today, so maybe I was the reason you couldn't get through!!..ha!

I had a problem with one of their oil pan baffle plates not having the access hole for the dipstick in the right place (I found out after it was installed). There are different locations depending on the year. When contacted, they assumed no responsibility (or compensation) for the problem. Obviously they didn't do their research very well.

Have dealt with them for many years and always a fantastic experience! Quality product and service all the way. Talk to Lee over there.

I see those guys selling carbs on ebay maybe try there. . IMHO Probably helps them reduce inquiries and get more work done. I dont think they are exclusive to only BMW cars either.

Yeah, Steve is a definite carb 'whisperer'...I spent a ton of time learning these carbs from him and I haven't even scratched the surface. They also beat any weber price as they provide an enormous amount of business around the globe for racers, and yes, cars other than 02's also. They seem to be a big source for worldwide racers..pretty big rep around the world..

I had a great experience buying some other stuff from them.

but...anything weber carb oriented i buy from pierce manifolds.

+1, down to earth, get it out the door, and will match the pricing advertised by the folks that don't actually ship what you want. Friendly as well.

I should also say my one transaction with TEP was also very smooth.

This TEP topic has popped up occasionally over the last 10 years. I've bought from them 4-5 times over the years and was very pleased with the service...and the products I've purchased from them. I think that every vendor goes through periods where the work load and personnel don't exactly match. That frequently happens in December when a lot of people get Holiday fever.

Unfortunately that doesn't match up to our expectations when we get ready for a new part(s) our excitement level gets away from us and WE WANT IT NOW! I get that. My customers always told me that if they wanted it yesterday, they would have ordered it yesterday;) Good luck with your carb.

Unfortunately that doesn't match up to our expectations when we get ready for a new part(s) our excitement level gets away from us and WE WANT IT NOW! I get that. My customers always told me that if they wanted it yesterday, they would have ordered it yesterday;) Good luck with your carb.

Small business-related rant..

This is true with any company that actually supplies/makes things. I quote customers lead times for our products, then they wait until the very last minute to place their order and then wonder why we don't have something in stock. Guess they didn't bother to read my formal quotation. This time of year, companies have excess $ for certain budgets that must be used up before the end of December. We then must struggle with their lack of poor planning and then they also want an early invoice copy to prove they used the money the same year.

Rant over.