jdirecto

DCOE jet cover causing problem

8 posts / 1196 viewsLast Reply

I lost the jet cover a few months back and the car ran flawless then. I finally replaced the cover last week and the car began running rough midrange. The problem disappears when the cover is off. What do I need to adjust to resolve the problem? I'm running ITG foam filter and short stacks.

Are the float bowl vents (at the outboard face of the carbs) blocked by the filter bases?

The carbs need to draw air through the space above the fuel to feed the

air correctors...

First thought,

t

I'm with you Toby, my guess is the float bowl vent is blocked. Take the filters off and make sure the vent is not covered.

Once one guy did give me one set of 40's to restore and clean.

He had bored screw on plate and on the other site it has glued fine metal mesh. This is good for all those who have filter housings without a hole for main nozzle ventilation. Now its your choise to drill filter housing or to drill screw on plates on the top.

After looking at my ITG air filter base plate, it looks like there is nothing drilled to accommodate the float vent in front of the carbs. This is something to do while car sits in the stable during the rainy season. Looks like it'll solve the problem. Thanks for the immediate response fellows. Merry Christmas to all and may you have a prosperous New Year.

Hey, sweet- that's easy!

t