billpatterson

turning a corner 71 chamonix resto

6 posts / 1786 viewsLast Reply

Hi there

Quite excited and finally sharing. Thanks to all the 2002FAQ'rs who have contributed information whether Archival, General Discussions, Project Blogs or hot tips on sources for quality used or new parts! Can't say enough really; possibly summed up by saying 2002FAQ is an invaluable resource.

I invite you to have a look at my project. I have included a link to my web album. I update the album often so it documents the project from September 2011 to present. Please comment, if you'd like. I do not mind constructive criticism at all.

I imported the car from a shady dealer in LA CA to Edmonton, Canada. The car is as solid as it looked. This is my 3rd; I completed a '69 02 in the late 80's and completed a '74 3.0s in the early 90s. I regret selling both cars...ya know how well hindsight works. I promised myself another after finishing my graduate research. And glad I did; my twin boys are getting into it and I see they really appreciate the knowledge that "things can be fixed" vs thrown away and replaced.

https://picasaweb.google.com/billpatterson1964/1971Bmw2002?authkey=Gv1sRgCJ7Um6yu76ToQA#

Thanks

WOW Very impressive! Thanks for detailing and the post! And for raising the bar!

Thanks for the nice comments! For "raising the bar", I have to blame my long-passed dad who bought a '69 in the late 70s for his boys to work on. He was a respected mechanical engineer who was known for his attention to detail.

Regards

Bill

Hey there

I am close...it could be relatively close...given the time invested so far. However I'm a optimist.

I believe all I have left is to install front and rear glass, seats, carpet, door glass, and bumpers. A few smaller tasks like license plate lights (LED bolt lights) and front quarter window seals.

Thanks Forum for all the help!

Regards

Bill