• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lordy, lordy, Ludwig is 40...today.

Mike Self

Assembled 19 Dec 1972, Sahara sunroof sedan sold new at Mill Valley Imports in California to an Air Force officer who brought it to Ohio where I acquired it in 1978, 34 years and 192,000 miles ago. (Big smile)

A few more days of driving Ludwig, then winter hibernation--saltphobia!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Ludwig is the Sahara roundie with Ohio plate "E-114."

One of these days I'll learn how to post photos on the FAQ...I'm a hopeless Luddite!

mike

Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Happy Birthday Ludwig! I totally forgot Hugo's birthday 12-17-71...thanks for reminding me!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Guest Anonymous

Mike, Bday wishes to you and yours, heres a self-less Q, how do these cars get so deep under the skin, about '95 went lookin for a 70 Chevelle, 5 k in the bank to buy a car, realized qwik I needed 12 k to get what I wanted, my daily driver was a VW Rabbit diesel with a blown head gasket, but I loved the German thinkin with the handlin, so a 320i showed up for 1500 and I was hooked, guy had a roundie half built and thought to myself what an ugly car, ff a year and said roundie was sittin at picnpull, complete car for 3 1/2 benjamins and have been bleedin o2s evewr since, I get it but I just dont get it, how can u explain this addiction to your new girl when all she knows is diapers simalac and diamonds? Third build right now and bilsteins seem more important than Christmas cards, will this pass or am I destined to live my life with broom hilga and greasy nails?

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

76 Golfie, Sreamin yellow Zonker

97 328is For when you absolutley positively gotta get their fast

Old Chevelles rule Dave. I sold my '67 Chevelle SS 396 (L78) in '71 for $1,700!!! So, I get it, believe me!

Mike, Bday wishes to you and yours, heres a self-less Q, how do these cars get so deep under the skin, about '95 went lookin for a 70 Chevelle, 5 k in the bank to buy a car, realized qwik I needed 12 k to get what I wanted, my daily driver was a VW Rabbit diesel with a blown head gasket, but I loved the German thinkin with the handlin, so a 320i showed up for 1500 and I was hooked, guy had a roundie half built and thought to myself what an ugly car, ff a year and said roundie was sittin at picnpull, complete car for 3 1/2 benjamins and have been bleedin o2s evewr since, I get it but I just dont get it, how can u explain this addiction to your new girl when all she knows is diapers simalac and diamonds? Third build right now and bilsteins seem more important than Christmas cards, will this pass or am I destined to live my life with broom hilga and greasy nails?

Dave Miller

DBMW2002

76 Golfie, Sreamin yellow Zonker

97 328is For when you absolutley positively gotta get their fast

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

when I saw my first 1600 in Denver Colorado. Wanted one, but not until they went to a 12 volt electrical system--6v Renaults and VWs don't mix with Colorado winters.

Then the 2002 came out, and after following a friend's ownership of one of the first 2002s into the US (April 1968) and discovering he couldn't wear it out (15k HARD miles in a year), I ordered one in Jan 1969 and have been driving 'em ever since.

They're fun and practical at the same time. If you haven't read it, read David E Davis' "Turn Your Hymnals to 2002" story from Car and Driver. He explains it pretty well.

cheers

mike

That article is displayed in a frame on the wall in my garage Mike....right in front of where Hugo is parked! Classic read for sure!!!

Merry Christmas,

John

......If you haven't read it, read David E Davis' "Turn Your Hymnals to 2002" story from Car and Driver. He explains it pretty well.

cheers

mike

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"