nbristow01

Need help with a 40DCOE part

6 posts / 363 viewsLast Reply

Rebuilding my Weber 40 DCOEs. If you see the diargam I circled the part. Part 76 PLATE....PN 52130.003 One carb had one, the other did not. First, is it necessary? I am not sure of what it does exactly....Also exactly how is it placed in the carb. Thanks

post-17424-13667667416688_thumb.jpg

This part is not essential, but it is pretty good to have it. What it basically does is that seal is not strech down(gravity and gasoline) and for that reason it dont make a hole. If there is a hole between seal and area where fuel is, it could make fuel vapors come into nozzles under screw on plate...

So if you dont have it i recommend to do it from aluminum plate, probably cost you around 5$ but will save your nerves when tunnig it up.

This part is not essential, but it is pretty good to have it. What it basically does is that seal is not strech down(gravity and gasoline) and for that reason it dont make a hole. If there is a hole between seal and area where fuel is, it could make fuel vapors come into nozzles under screw on plate...

So if you dont have it i recommend to do it from aluminum plate, probably cost you around 5$ but will save your nerves when tunnig it up.

I found one local, a friend of mine has a few 40's parts carbs laying around

I appreciate it

Actually, if that goes where I THINK it does, it prevents/ reduces

fuel sloshing on sharp, high- G lefthanders.

Not critical on a street car, but if you're making a parts order, get it.

t

Under left or right turns this is under flushes, but the most critical is under braking, because this plate is located in carb witch is closer to front of the car.

If you see closely, near this plate should be the opening for the air for air nozzles. And if the seal pops the vaports from gasoline are headed outside the carburetor and also into airnozzles...