• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MaxSil piano top piston compression ratio question

austinmf

Based on the photo they look to be 9.5:1 Look identical to the ones I installed in my motor...In fact I thought I had installed JE but I may have installed the Maxcil pistons in my motor

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

I would call MaxSil to confirm. See if you can get a part number, etc. BavAuto sells those as a 9:1 piston, I think.

And Nick, there is a difference between the JE and MaxSil. I believe JE is forged and MaxSil is cast. The difference is subtle, but there is a difference.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Guest Anonymous
I would call MaxSil to confirm. See if you can get a part number, etc. BavAuto sells those as a 9:1 piston, I think.

And Nick, there is a difference between the JE and MaxSil. I believe JE is forged and MaxSil is cast. The difference is subtle, but there is a difference.

Yep I built 2 engines. Used JE in one and Maxsil in the other. I believe the engine I have in my car now has the Maxsil. At any rate the Maxsil pistons I used I purchased on eBay from the same guy. I know mine were 9.5 but I sent a message prior to purchase to confirm

Yep I built 2 engines. Used JE in one and Maxsil in the other. I believe the engine I have in my car now has the Maxsil. At any rate the Maxsil pistons I used I purchased on eBay from the same guy. I know mine were 9.5 but I sent a message prior to purchase to confirm

Ah, gotcha.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun