austinmf

MaxSil piano top piston compression ratio question

6 posts / 876 viewsLast Reply

Based on the photo they look to be 9.5:1 Look identical to the ones I installed in my motor...In fact I thought I had installed JE but I may have installed the Maxcil pistons in my motor

Nick. You are the man! Thank you. Following your footsteps! As soon as I get the car running I am headed to Dallas to see you

I would call MaxSil to confirm. See if you can get a part number, etc. BavAuto sells those as a 9:1 piston, I think.

And Nick, there is a difference between the JE and MaxSil. I believe JE is forged and MaxSil is cast. The difference is subtle, but there is a difference.

Guest Anonymous
I would call MaxSil to confirm. See if you can get a part number, etc. BavAuto sells those as a 9:1 piston, I think.

And Nick, there is a difference between the JE and MaxSil. I believe JE is forged and MaxSil is cast. The difference is subtle, but there is a difference.

Yep I built 2 engines. Used JE in one and Maxsil in the other. I believe the engine I have in my car now has the Maxsil. At any rate the Maxsil pistons I used I purchased on eBay from the same guy. I know mine were 9.5 but I sent a message prior to purchase to confirm

Yep I built 2 engines. Used JE in one and Maxsil in the other. I believe the engine I have in my car now has the Maxsil. At any rate the Maxsil pistons I used I purchased on eBay from the same guy. I know mine were 9.5 but I sent a message prior to purchase to confirm

Ah, gotcha.