02Coastie

Scheel Seats In!

16 posts / 1627 viewsLast Reply

I stumbled upon a *rough* set of early Scheel's on Craigslist for only $150 in Kansas. A little trip on Greyhound and they went straight to my local trim shop which did an amazing job on them. I went with perforated alcantara centers versus the traditional corduroy for a little different look. I think they came out great! Even better, the seller claimed the bases were for a 911, but they bolted right in! I don't know if there was some official seat mounting spec at the time, or if I just really lucked out.

Of course, as previously noted by Eurotrash, the tilt brackets eat up a little too much vertical real estate for my 6'1" preference. I ended up using the factory sliders with some 1/8" steel adapter plates for the driver's side. Since I lost the ability to flip forward, I' kept the tilt bracket for the pax side.

Overall, they are incredibly supportive and comfy to boot. They're definitely a little harder to get in/out of than the Recaro SE's they're replacing, but they make up for it in all other aspects. Now I just need to find some headrests!

Before:

scheelbefore_zps3949d2e4.jpg

After:

IMG_0190_zps64b2e18c.jpg

Replacing These:

IMG_0191_zps5af72a0a.jpg

Tilt Bracket:

IMG_0192_zps06b9532f.jpg

In the Car:

scheelsincar_zps780b4785.jpg

those look good. i have a pair that i might want to recover someday, too. is your shop able to get the OEM-looking fabric? who did the work? i drive through alameda on my way to work.

those look good. i have a pair that i might want to recover someday, too. is your shop able to get the OEM-looking fabric? who did the work? i drive through alameda on my way to work.

OEM Fabric is still available here: http://www.nml-depot.de/nmldepot006.htm

If I recall correctly, it was around $300 for enough to recover both seats, but I may be mistaken.

Mario Brothers did the work. They're on the corner of Eagle and Park. It certainly wasn't cheap, but he fully rebuilt one of them w/new foam & straps. I'd say it was even better than when they left the factory. Just don't expect immediate turnaround =o)

the scheel seat bottoms look so nice and long. like they were built for those with longer legs ie many tall people? is it just an illusion?

no headrests on those seats? seems odd. that would be a big safety issue for me.

I'm with you sir! I'll admit I was like a kid at Christmas and couldn't wait to get them in.

From what I can gather, the headrests have 200mm spacing which supposedly is shared with period Recaros as well. Can anyone with a set of 320is Recaros measure the spacing for me?

Guest schnelltii

ummmmmm selling the Recaros..................?

no headrests on those seats? seems odd. that would be a big safety issue for me.

I'm with you sir! I'll admit I was like a kid at Christmas and couldn't wait to get them in.

From what I can gather, the headrests have 200mm spacing which supposedly is shared with period Recaros as well. Can anyone with a set of 320is Recaros measure the spacing for me?

that alcantara looks awesome. excellent choice!

what kind of steering wheel is that? Sportline? looks just like mine.

nml will have headrests no?...

I dont recall the e 21 recaRO HDRST WORKING ON THESE. I think Ive tried yrs aGO....

did they get redone w/ the hdrst holes covered?...

nml will have headrests no?...

did they get redone w/ the hdrst holes covered?...

There are holes, but yes, the shop covered them initially (until I can find a set to match).

what kind of steering wheel is that? Sportline? looks just like mine.

I think it's a RAID wheel. The only markings on it are "Made in Italy" on the back.

ummmmmm selling the Recaros..................?

Yes, I'll probably get around to it after the holidays. I'll shoot you an email once I have some better pics. The PAX is perfect, the driver's side has a few small issues, but nothing major.

Inches for you.

Tho the OEM Scheel may differ from yours...

Cheers,

post-216-13667667409646_thumb.jpg

post-216-13667667411968_thumb.jpg