winstonindy

I Gave the Joy of 2002 for Christmas

6 posts / 618 viewsLast Reply

Yesterday I lent a very dear friend my 2002 until after the new year. Basically he needed a car to have on hand to run errands. He is a cop, and isnt allowed to drive his cruiser off-duty, and his wife is out of town indefinitely with their only car.

He has owned several old Porsches, but is currently suffering an empy stable.

After one day of tooling around in my 2002 he has said he has been given the best present ever, a big smile as he enjoys "the smell" of the vintage interior, and the pleasure of an amazing, fun-to-drive, well designed "simple" car. He said he forgot the feeling of driving such a great little german car.

So I too have been given a great gift this holiday, of providing a little 2002 joy to a dear friend. She's in good hands...I will see her in a few weeks!

Happy Holidays everyone!

That is a great idea. We love our '02's and strive to protect them, but there can be so much pleasure in giving like you are doing now... Good job!

situation--he had it about a week and absolutely loved it (he's a VW Beetle guy)...and he returned it freshly washed and waxed. He's also very picky about how he keeps his cars, so I knew Wolfgang would come back nice and clean!

cheers

mike

Sounds kinda funny the idea of a cop driving a 2002

Looks even funnier. He is 6'5"...at least 250#. Native american with a shaved bald head, former Marine.

He took the car to Firehouse Subs on Sunday and said people were flagging him down to look at the car. He is having a blast with it.