Sign in to follow this  
nbristow01

Pic of my clutch master

4 posts / 424 viewsLast Reply

Here is a pic of my clutch MC. I had a bleed by issue and front seal leak....do you see any obvious other issues? I think Proslack posted a pic of a clutch MC and the internals appeared different. The piston type piece is all pressed together so can not come apart. Also the internals do not appear to be very high quality. in fact they look like they are chinese made. This MC failed after 5 months or so of use.

post-17424-13667667349345_thumb.jpg

take a look down the bore for any scoring. just looking at your photo, it appears that the aluminum piston shows evidence of wear along the tip, noted by a localized shiny spot. the fluid has to leak past the rubber seals in the bore so if the rubber looses its pliability or wears unevenly it may contribute to leaking.

i honestly don't know how you can prevent that. it could be as simple as the bore machined to the high side of its acceptable tolerance range allowing too much lateral movement. i'm just guessing at this point.

to carefully feel the bore inside the cylinder. Unless you bite your fingernails down to the quick, they will catch in the slightest pit--and even a small one will cause fluid to leak past the seal. Very small pits can be honed out--brake cylinder hones are cheap at the auto parts store. Deep pits = new cylinder.

cheers

mike