nbristow01

215MM clutch with 5 speed DOES NOT USE 323 TO bearing

12 posts / 721 viewsLast Reply

I looked through my old emails. When I installed the 5 speed with the 215mm clutch I was sent a 323 TO bearing. It was to tall and made plenty of noise. I ordered a 320 TO bearing from BLUNT and it worked perfect.

So the 323 TO bearing works with the 228MM clutch(with a 5 speed)

The 320 TO bearing works with the 215mm clutch (with a 5 speed)

uhhh, yah, the 215 clutch and flywheel are what the 320 got...

...so ya use the 320 TO bearing too.

Perversely, the smaller pressure plate is deeper.

t

uhhh, yah, the 215 clutch and flywheel are what the 320 got...

...so ya use the 320 TO bearing too.

Perversely, the smaller pressure plate is deeper.

t

Yeah I know. I had asked on a post earlier if anyone knew which TO bearnig went with the 215MM clutch and I got pretty beat up that it was the 323 TO bearing etc etc. Just wanted top post this so in th efuture if anyone doe a search they may come across it.

what is it about the 5 speed that requires a different than stock TO bearing for the 228mm unit anyway?

P

Transmission upgrades article that's been there for at least 10years says:

"--either a 323i throw-out bearing, if you are using a 228mm clutch setup, or

a 320i throw-out bearing, if you are using the 215mm clutch setup

323i bearing, for 228mm clutch: 21 51 1 204 525

320i bearing, for 215mm clutch: 21 51 1 225 168

I mainly posted that do it would be easy to find when people do a search

I would probably believe what you post but you come across as pretty arrogant. One thing I have learned in life is generally the more arrogant a person is the less reliable the info they provide. You are most likely pretty nice in person but it seems the anonymity of the Internet takes you over. Kind of like the guy in church that is do kind then is the one in the church parking lot cutting people off. If my posts bother you simply don't respond.

Certainly an intetesting way of saying you were wrong. If you would lke to continue to make judgements on my personality based on a Q & A exchange, keep going to church you may yet hear how to practice humility. If you would like to take this private I have no qualms meeting you there. You have chosen to engage your own hubris at me publicly in this forum. Maybe when you stop playing the victim of your own deficiencies.

Certainly an intetesting way of saying you were wrong. If you would lke to continue to make judgements on my personality based on a Q & A exchange, keep going to church you may yet hear how to practice humility. If you would like to take this private I have no qualms meeting you there. You have chosen to engage your own hubris at me publicly in this forum. Maybe when you stop playing the victim of your own deficiencies.

So you delete your ALL CAPS banter at me then post this? Come on.

I am sure my posts may be a bother to you and if they do then I apologize...my "deficiencies" you seem to call out is that I have severe dyslexia and have grappled with it my whole life. I can read and reread and miss the bulk of it. I have also had to deal with people liek you that tend to see a weakness in another human and target them for whatever reason to feel superior or good about yourself. You should look up the word "Humility" then look at the posts you put out there. I am sure you have skills far superior to mine. Having that AND having the ability to be humble, like Toby, Skip and few others, shows character.

Nicely put, Nick!!

I should not have posted that...Just gets me frustrated. I apologize for those that have read